Get a jump-start on your career in aviation!
The private pilot summer program at Utah State University is a fun way to spend your summer while earning your Private Pilot license. The program is designed for upcoming and graduating high school seniors interested in learning to fly; however, anyone who is eligible and interested in aviation is welcome to participate.
In addition to earning a Private Pilot license, students will also complete six college credits applicable to Utah State University's Professional Pilot Program. Students will participate in ground school and flight training daily. As part of the curriculum, students will also participate in weekly group study sessions supervised by Utah State University's own team of Certified Flight Instructors.
- 17 years of age by program completion date
- Read, speak, write and understand the English language
- Have original Birth Certification and U.S. government issue identification OR current passport
- Obtain a Student Pilot/ Aviation Medical Certificate from a certified Aviation Medical Examiner
- To locate an AME in your area, click here.
Program Fees: (6 credits) $1,692*
Flight Fees: $9,975* (Includes 35 hours Dual Instruction, 5 hours Solo, 12 hours Ground with Instructor, 3 Stage Checks, FAA Check Ride, check ride aircraft rental, Written Exam - based on minimum FAA requirements)
Includes all of Option 1 and Pilot Supplies: $375**
Includes all of Option 1 and 2 and Headset: $150*
Includes all of Option 1, 2 and 3 and Housing: $850***
- Program Fees are due one week prior to the program start date.
- A $150 deposit is required with the application to reserve class space. The deposit will become non-refundable after May 3, 2013.
- Federal Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. For more information, contact the USU Financial Aid Office.
- Flight Loans
- Flight Scholarships
- Helpful Hints to Financial Aid
Course is taught Monday - Friday 2:30 p.m.- 4:30 p.m. at the USU Campus facility by a Certified Flight Instructor
Course is held Monday - Friday, predominately in the mornings. Students will work with their designated Certified Flight Instructor to complete in-flight training. Exact flight times will be assigned during the first week of the program.
Class times will be determined by students and will be held as needed. Sessions will be taught by Certified Flight Instructors or ground instructors trained by USU.
Complete the Summer Program Registration Form and return it, with the $150 deposit to:
For more information, please contact Susan Crosbie at (435)753-4289 or email@example.com